Direct. Shoot. Edit.
The “Digital Signage Expo 2017 ‘Through Your Lens’ Video Competition (“Contest”) is designed to be a fun and interactive way to involve digital signage and audiovisual industry professionals in promoting Digital Signage Expo (DSE)—the world’s largest and longest running conference and trade show exclusively dedicated to showcasing innovative digital display and interactive technology solutions for customer and employee communications—with creative and inspiring short promotional video submissions. Digital signage and interactive technology networks are revolutionizing communications all across the globe, and DSE is the one event where you can see it all and experience it up close and personal. For more information about the trade show, visit http://www.digitalsignageexpo.net
THEMES AND CONTENT
Digital Signage Expo 2017 will take place at the Las Vegas Convention Center March 28-31. The obvious themes/content to include in video submissions will involve digital signage, audiovisual products, relevant industry verticals, the Las Vegas ambience/setting and visual communication as a whole. The theme and slogan for this year’s trade show is Experience. Engage. Evolve. Entrants are welcome to play off that theme and/or words but are not required to do so.
In terms of what MUST be included in each video, those requirements are as follows:
Name of Event: Digital Signage Expo 2017
Location: Las Vegas Convention Center
Date: March 28-31, 2017
DSE Logo: (see asset package here)
DSE URL: http://www.digitalsignageexpo.net
Call to Action: “Register Today” or something along those lines
Three example videos were produced to help get your creative juices flowing. Those video links are below, and Entrants are welcome to use any and all digital assets included in the package we’ve provided.
Example #1 (DSE Jackpot)
Example #2 (The “Bored” Room)
Example #3 (DSE’s Mannequin Challenge)
In terms of tone and approach, DSE considers creativity and economy to be more important than production value bells and whistles. That said, it should be obvious that there is an industry professional or professionals behind each video submission. Also, by no means does a video submission need to be funny, but humor always goes a long way.
DATES AND PRIZES
- By participating in this Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, which are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest. The Contest submission period (the “Submission Period”) begins December 8, 2016 and ends February 17, 2017.
- The top Three Finalists will be announced prior to Digital Signage Expo 2017 via press release and other outlets. The Grand Prize Winner will be announced at the APEX Awards Ceremony and Networking Reception on Wednesday, March 29 in Las Vegas. All qualified entries will be uploaded and available to view on The DSETube YouTube channel, and Digital Signage Expo reserves the right to publish finalist entries on social media and to other relevant outlets including but not necessarily limited to DigitalSignageExpo.net and DSE’s partner site DigitalSignageConnection.com
- The Grand Prize Winner will be selected based on originality, relevance and promotional value for DSE in addition to the number of views the video receives on the DSETube YouTube channel.
- Second and Third Place will receive a custom-made plaque as well as bragging rights.
- The Grand Prize Winner will receive a custom-made trophy and 10 $50 gift cards to distribute how they see fit.
VIDEO SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
So what are the video specs? Your submission should:
- Preferably be shot and submitted in HD (ideally 1920 x 1080);
- Be a maximum of 60 seconds in length;
- Be submitted in one the formats that YouTube accepts. Any submissions in other formats and/or exceeding the time limit will be disqualified;
- Be the Entrant’s original idea (modification of a previously published work shall not be considered an original idea). Entrants should not knowingly copy another’s idea, but entries will not be excluded merely because another Entrant has a similar idea;
- Comply with YouTube terms of service and specifications for user submissions and/or video uploads, located at http://www.youtube.com/t/terms and as may otherwise be posted on the YouTube website.
Videos must NOT:
- Exceed 60 seconds of running time;
- Contain material which is (or promotes activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self-mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing;
- Include mention or performance of any copyrighted media production including but not limited to music, films, books, images, television programming, etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property;
- Contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, Video Submissions must not include third party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, or sculptures. Music and other audio featured in any video (and not part of our provided asset package) must be available to publicize and broadcast on a license-free, no compensation basis. Otherwise, entrants must own or obtain the rights to any music or other digital asset used in the process;
- Include third parties, including but not limited to minors, celebrities and friends who have not expressly authorized Entrants to display their image, likeness or voice in any submitted video or otherwise use such image, likeness or voice in accordance with these Official Rules.
Please send finished video files directly to Digital Signage Connection Editor Jason Kushner (email@example.com) via Mail Drop, Dropbox, WeTransfer, etc.
Terms & Conditions
Contest is open to entrants (“Entrants”) who are digital signage and/or audiovisual industry professionals . Entrants must be between 18 years of age or older as of the date of submission. You can enter the contest as an individual or as a team of up to three (3) members. Teams with individuals who do not meet age requirements will be disqualified, and their submissions will be void. Employees, officers and directors of Digital Signage Expo and its affiliates as well as members of their immediate families, and those living in the same household, are ineligible. Each Entrant must be the rightful owner of the E-mail address registered with the YouTube account used to log in and upload the video submission. If Entrants enter as a team, one team member must be the rightful owner of the E-mail address associated with the YouTube account used to upload the video. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the natural person in whose name the E-mail account is registered with YouTube. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the E-mail address is assigned by an Internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning E-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted E-mail address. Entry constitutes Entrant’s certification that he/she meets the eligibility requirements set forth in these official rules. Digital Signage Expo reserves the right to verify eligibility of any potential winner. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
By entering, each Entrant represents and warrants that his or her entry does not and will not defame or otherwise violate the rights of any third party and does not and will not violate any federal, state or local laws or ordinances. Entrant further represents and warrants that he or she has secured the requisite consent from any third party referenced or appearing in their entries. To the extent that anyone under the age of 18 appears in a video, Entrant represents and warrants that the minor’s parents consented to the minor’s appearance in the video and the public display of the video on YouTube.
Entrants will retain copyright in their work, but each Entrant grants to DSE an exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, assignable, royalty-free license to publish, reproduce, distribute, display, perform, create derivative works, transmit or disseminate the works in all media or platforms whether now known or hereafter invented. Entrant also waives any and all moral rights in the works with respect to any use by DSE.
The Entrant should be able to provide on request all appropriate clearances, permissions and releases for the Video Submission, including releases from the submitting Entrant and any third parties appearing in the Submission. Incomplete, corrupted, untimely, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. If for any reason an Entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest. Entrants may enter more than once, as long as all entries comply with these Official Rules, including without limitation the Video Submission Requirements. ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST SUBMIT EACH ENTRY IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO OTHER METHOD OF SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO TRAVEL CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING THE CONTEST HOMEPAGE AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.