RTF Global Inc. has announced the launch of SmartCircle, a new approach to retail systems management.
SmartCircle is a wireless network that uses smartphone and tablet intelligence to secure, monitor and play marketing videos in retail environments. According to the company, it eliminates the need for multiple, expensive hardware systems utilized in retail stores, decreasing capital investment requirements, power consumption and the impact on worldwide landfills (obsolete hardware).
SmartCircle's many features include:
- Multiple alarm points (power, headphone or WiFi loss)
- Remote alarm control (arm/disarm, lock/unlock, etc.)
- Restricted access to device settings, networks, or downloads
- Smartphone/tablet digital signage
- Data collection on device uptime, charging status, operating system, version and alarm status
"SmartCircle will have a tremendous impact because the software adds to merchandise security, collects valuable customer metrics and plays digital media while removing hardware costs," said Bill Dandie, president of Toronto-based RTF Global. "We are incredibly proud of the positive environmental impact SmartCircle will have on our planet, conserving vital energy resources for future generations to enjoy."
SmartCircle is compatible with Apple, Blackberry and Android, RTF and competitor hardware and is easy to download, configure and implement, the company said. It is scheduled to be released on March 13, 2013.
Read more articles about Software