What is the sequence of events that needs to take place for one screen to become a functional network?
- Plan (e.g. how will the guest experience be better as a result of an intelligent, functional network of screens? Will we know when and where they will pass each screen on their journey? What data will inform the display methodology?)
- Build a Server App – You need an application that can dynamically display content to an individual, specific screen and receive feedback. (e.g. IP address, computer name, client listener object, data collection from potential sensors)
- Set up Data collection – You’ll need to gather data to understand guest, sensor and/or timing relationships (e.g. is each screen capable of reacting to an individual? Are time studies going to be needed to predict when a guest will follow one screen to the next? Are different screens for different audiences? How does the collected data upon implementation align with business results and product placement optimization?)
- Implement – make sure the bi-directional information between the server and client are flowing and observe the effects
- Adjust (e.g. does anything need to be optimized? Are their lifts in business performance/chatter? Are the screens up and running? Are guests passing them in unexpected patterns? etc.)
- Evolve (e.g. does the app need to be smarter to make more real-time decisions about what content to display and when? How is it related to the network of information? Are we ready for BIG DATA?)