What tips would you give to first- time attendees at Digital Signage Expo?”
- Wear comfortable shoes to walk the showroom floor. It will be a long day on your feet.
- Consider a small backpack to carry any literature or takeaways you might pick up during the time at the conference.
- Carry some bottled water. Las Vegas can be dry and arid even in late winter and early spring. Stay hydrated.
- Come with a list of questions you want answered or projects you need information about or solutions you need to identify. This list will keep you on track to obtain the answers you need for success when talking to vendors, seminar speakers or thought-leaders.
- Find the Digital Signage Federation (DSF) booth and introduce yourself! DSF members will be all over the conference and will be willing to assist you in finding answers to your questions! They can even introduce you to people who might have solutions to your needs. The DSF is comprised of hundreds of end-users, vendors, integrators, network operators, content providers and digital signage software solutions. Bring your questions, and they can be a tremendous assistance to every project!
- Find the Digital Signage Federation (DSF) booth and introduce yourself! Notice I said this twice? The DSF friends have been and were incredibly helpful to me when I began coming to the Digital Signage Expo years ago, and those relationships have saved us TENS OF THOUSANDS of dollars over the years because they were kind enough to put me in contact with the right vendors or thought-leaders to help me find the best solution on MANY occasions!
- Ask the people at the DSF booth about the Digital Signage Experts Group (DSEG) programs! There are excellent seminars available on a myriad of topics that will teach you everything you need to know about getting started in digital signage! Often times, trying to figure out how to begin a project or what a digital signage project entails start-to-finish is the biggest hurdle. The DSEG content will get you up to speed quickly!
- When you go to a DSE seminar, make sure you ask your questions of the moderator, panelists or presenter! Each one of those people have been hand selected by the DSE Education Committee to be a thought-leader of that specific topic because they are seen as experts with hands-on experience. Often times, all the questions aren’t answered to YOUR specific situation, so after the session, go up and introduce yourself to the speaker and ask them YOUR question. I can assure you they want to help you get what you need!