How do you develop a strategy to refresh content?
A network owner should start with defining these variables in order to develop a strategy for refreshing their content:
- Refresh Rate = How often a content item should be replaced in a playlist/library
- Return Rate = The number of times a viewer returns per year
- Dwell Time = The amount of time a viewer watches the content per view
- Effective Frequency = The average optimal number of times someone sees the same content after it is effective and before it is annoying
- Syndicated Content Feeds = Automated content meant to extend the perceived freshness of the other messages/ads in your playlist
ROO/ROI = Different networks have different business objectives for their investment – maybe your digital wall is simply meant to be art that provides an ambiance for a space in which you can get a lot more life out of content