“As we enter the second half of 2019, what do you see as the emerging digital signage industry talking points for the months and years to come?”
As we enter the second half of 2019, I see the key talking points as being:
- How to cut through the noise and more effectively engage viewers:
- What new or existing hardware can be used creatively to gain attention?
- How can we use content to rise above the noise and engage viewers?
- Projection mapping in combination with bulb-less projectors will be one way to create a fresh new look with traditional flat panel-based digital signage.
- We have talked about it for years, but with safety threats on the rise, how do we effectively integrate digital signage with emergency notification systems.
- How will we make our digital signage messaging more interactive and immersive for Gen Z, a generation of young people that knew how to navigate an iPad when they were two?
- Dynamic integration of real-time information with digital signage has been available for years, but now, how do we embrace AI (artificial intelligence) and integrate it into our digital signage platforms?
I believe there will never be a time of greater need for digital signage integrators, and conversely, there has never been a time when companies are determined to use their own internal IT teams to deliver their digital signage solutions.