“What does monitoring/maintenance look like from your end after integration?”
Diversified’s Digital Media Group (DMG) covers every aspect of digital signage support and maintenance including proactive and reactive monitoring, remote troubleshooting with clients and technicians, on-site field service, and logistics coordination.
Our Network Operations Center (NOC) has multiple monitoring tools in place including:
- Real-time monitoring system that is CMS and hardware-agnostic. This tool integrates into our CRM ticketing system and provides relevant real-time data in regards to a signage player’s online/offline status, disk space, RAM usage, temperature, and much more.
- Automated Screenshot monitoring that pulls a real-time snapshot from a PC’s output. This allows our NOC agents to confirm that content is displaying correctly.
- Webcam monitoring for high-profile and mission-critical installations allow our NOC to see in real time what the screen is showing and how the equipment is performing.
When our monitoring tools or agents identify an issue, it will be investigated, documented and troubleshot remotely before contacting the site to do more basic troubleshooting. If the issue remains unresolved after remote troubleshooting, our NOC routes the ticket to a dedicated field service team who manages all logistics associated with on-site repair visits. The service team will review the ticket and dispatch a local technician to travel to site and resolve the issue. In addition to coordinating with a technician, the service team may also perform supplemental tasks in support of the visit such as:
- Purchasing replacement parts needed for service repairs or coordinating the usage of on-hand service inventory.
- Routing parts through internal engineering teams such as the IT configuration of signage players or AV configuration of video hardware.
- Coordinating warehouse shipments of service parts, including pack list generation, shipping label creation, and freight carrier usage.
- Collaborating with internal client teams when it requires an expert-level support.
- Managing client communication throughout the service process including approvals, scheduling, and updates.
The ticket is then closed once the technician arrives to site, check in to our NOC and resolve the issue. All important information and data pertinent to the issue is logged and tracked so that trends can be reported and reviewed internally and with the client.
Most issues can be resolved within hours, while others require a visit and parts, which could take longer to coordinate. We strive to have minimal downtime for all our networks, and we’ve developed our systems to accomplish that.