- Landmark contract will see BackLite deliver new world-class designs across 26 locations – with a state-of-the-art digital offering across at least 7 of their high profile sites.
- BackLite Media is reimagining outdoor signage along Sheikh Zayed Road with bespoke, state-of-the-art features including smart data tracking, customisable lighting and aesthetic world class design.
- The new network will be unsurpassed and in the same league as some of the best digital signs deployed in global hubs around the world, further re-enforcing BackLite’s position as one of the region’s leading OOH advertising companies.
BackLite Media, Dubai’s premier out-of-home (OOH) advertising company, is transforming outdoor signage in Dubai with never-before-seen aesthetics and cutting-edge technology following a landmark 12-year deal, valued at AED1 billion, signed with the Dubai Roads & Transport Authority (RTA).
The new contract will see BackLite deliver a mix of digital and traditional outdoor signage across 26 locations along Sheikh Zayed Road, including the Golden Boulevard – between Dubai World Trade Centre and Interchange 1 – and up to the Mall of the Emirates.
The digital signage solutions by BackLite will be in a class of their own, and will usher in a new era of outdoor signage to the city, using technology and visual solutions that are far ahead of the systems used in global hubs across the world.
Taking both the visual appeal and the overall cityscape into consideration, the new signage integrates the best in modern technology with features such as smart data tracking that adds incredible value for advertisers.
Complementing the smart city vision of Dubai’s leadership, the new signage deployed by BackLite can be efficiently integrated with Intelligent City Management technology. BackLite’s intelligent data system, to be deployed across its digital signage, will allow advertisers target their audiences much more efficiently with dynamic real-time content.
A highlight of the new signage are the design approaches that span not just the visual splendour of the displays, but also in BackLite’s approach to the pillars themselves. Both the design and display are expertly suited to accommodate the expansion needs of RTA.
Bill Fordyce, Chief Executive Officer of BackLite, said: “We are delighted to continue our long-term partnership with RTA, in bringing innovative signage to Dubai – which are not only best-in-class and of the highest aesthetic standards but also meet the Smart City vision outlined by Dubai’s leadership. With the industry-leading technology deployed, our signage will add excellent value to advertisers in addition to creating a powerful visual identity for the city. We are thankful to RTA for recognising our recommendations for the signage overhaul of the most strategic locations in the city, which will further contribute to civic pride and underline Dubai as a world-class city.”
BackLite will bring a rare and unseen energy and visual appeal to the signage solutions along Sheikh Zayed Road following the contract, that underlines its reputation as best-in-class in the region.
BackLite Media LLC is a specialist, out-of-home outdoor advertising company based in Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates. The company first introduced its unique unipole signs into the UAE 1996.
With an extensive range of quality out-of-home assets across key locations in the UAE, advertisers have the opportunity to target a captive and affluent audience through BackLite Media’s rigorous identification and evaluation of only prime strategic out-of-home media locations – and installing unique, elegant and technologically-advanced back-lit and digital signboards.
BackLite provides brands with access to four distinct portfolios’:
- Cinema: offering includes Roxy Cinema
- Malls: currently operating the advertising concession at Dubai Festival City and The Galleria Al Maryah Island, part of Gulf Related Properties
- Destinations: BackLite operates digital media across City Walk, La Mer, Al Seef and The Beach in partnership with Meeras
- Outdoor: architecturally- designed unipole signs along Sheikh Zayed Road (SZR), providing the only large-format network along SZR. Along with this, BackLite also operates key lamppost locations on SZR