CINCINNATI—CBTS is pleased to announce its Hosted Enterprise Unified Communications solution now includes InformaCast Fusion, a cloud-based mass notification system from Singlewire Software that helps organizations quickly and efficiently communicate with their employees and constituents during emergencies, and manage those situations in real time.
InformaCast Fusion reaches people on mobile platforms, as well as through in-building devices that many organizations already have in place, including desk phones, overhead paging systems, IP speakers, digital signage, and computer desktops.
The solution supports live audio messaging, prerecorded audio messaging, SMS text, e-mail, phone calls, and push notifications. InformaCast can also send alerts via third-party applications such as social media platforms and Instant Messaging.
InformaCast Fusion features include:
- Delivery and Read Receipts: Observe real-time updates from the InformaCast Mobile app or web console to see who has received and read notifications.
- Response/Confirmation: InformaCast mobile notifications can request a response to see who is safe, who needs help, and who is able to assist.
- Escalation: Users can expand notifications to a broader audience if a response is not received within a designated period of time.
- Conference Call: Instantly gather personnel to manage a situation by triggering a conference call following a notification distribution.
- Geo Location: Trigger alerts for people within a designated area or receive alerts when certain people enter the predefined area.
Studies have shown that using multiple communication channels is critical to improving the speed and reach of the emergency messages, and speed and reach is what makes emergency notification systems effective.
“CBTS has demonstrated bold industry leadership with this partnership, declaring that safety is standard functionality for their customers,” said Pat Scheckel, Executive Vice President of Product Management and Marketing for Singlewire Software.
“The InformaCast Fusion mass notification system provides our clients with a powerful messaging tool to help meet their physical security needs, and we are pleased to include this functionality as part of our Hosted Enterprise Unified Communications solutions,” said Joe Putnick, Vice President and Chief Solution Architect, CBTS.
CBTS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cincinnati Bell (NYSE:CBB) that serves enterprise and midmarket clients in all industries across the United States and Canada. From Unified Communications to Cloud Services and beyond, CBTS combines deep technical expertise with a full suite of flexible technology solutions that drive business outcomes, improve operational efficiency, mitigate risk, and reduce costs for its clients. For more information, please visit www.cbts.com.