NEW YORK, June 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — Connexient announced today the launch of Connexient’s MediNavTM Navigator Edition Digital Wayfinding solution for the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Clinical Center, the research hospital on the NIH campus in Bethesda, MD.
Powered by Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Beacons and sophisticated handset sensor fusion technology, MediNavTM Navigator v. 2.0 is the most advanced indoor navigation application available for hospitals, with rich features that solve real world problems.
- True turn-by-turn indoor navigation with reliable indoor positioning accuracy of 1 to 2 meters, navigation cues, visual landmark references, off-route notification and more.
- Parking Planner and My Car Saver features that navigate users to the best parking location based on their appointment location inside the facility and guide them back to their car’s location when finished.
- All Screens Solution spanning Mobile, Web, Kiosks and Digital Signage, ensuring that patients and visitors can access vital information anytime and anywhere.
- Outdoor + Indoor, Campus-wide Wayfinding guiding users across all the challenges of a campus or even network of facilities.
- Mobile Application SDKs and Web APIs to enable integration of maps and navigation into existing mobile and Web applications.
The NIH Clinical Center is the world’s largest hospital devoted entirely to clinical research. Through clinical research, clinician-investigators translate laboratory discoveries into better treatments, therapies and interventions to improve the nation’s health. As the NIH spans 322 acres and the NIH Clinical Center has three and a half million square feet under one roof, it can be challenging for patients, staff and visitors to navigate. The NIHCC Take Me There mobile app and website will provide a valuable new tool to help patients, visitors and staff to find their way efficiently.
Mark Green, the CEO of Connexient, said: “The launch of the NIHCC Take Me There app and website is an exciting and important milestones for Connexient. But today is just the first step. We look forward to working with the NIH to leverage MediNav’s rich indoor maps, navigation and location-based services to address a broad range of challenges in Enterprise operations that arise from the scale and complexity of their facilities.”
Connexient (www.connexient.com) provides innovative Indoor Mapping, Navigation and Location-based Services for Enterprises with large, complex buildings and campuses. The MediNavTM Navigator Edition Patient Experience solution helps hospitals and healthcare networks to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty, reduce missed or late appointments and improve HCAHPS scores.
More than just a mobile app, Connexient’s mission and vision is to Navigation-enable the Enterprise. The Connexient Mobile Application SDKs and Web APIs enable its clients to integrate its rich, navigation quality indoor maps and location-based services across Enterprise IT in areas such as asset tracking, staff and patient flow, facility management, safety and security and more, with use cases that bring compelling value to users and direct ROI in capturing lost revenue, reducing costs and increasing operational efficiency and intelligence.