Atlanta – Digital Signage Expo (DSE), the world’s largest international trade show and educational conference dedicated to digital displays, interactive technology and digital communications networks, today announced 27 finalists for its APEX Installation Awards for 2017.
The 14th Annual DSE APEX Awards are designed to recognize and honor achievement in the installation of digital displays and interactive technology and the creation of compelling viewer content, the DSE APEX Awards have honored hundreds of companies for their innovation throughout the years.
This year’s APEX Award finalists were chosen by an independent panel of 10 industry experts and journalists from a field of 138 entrants from 12 countries vying in nine major digital signage categories.
The list of finalists and images of the entries can be found here.
Gold, Silver and Bronze awards will be presented in each category as part of the Free Networking Reception and APEX Awards Ceremony Wednesday, March 29, from 5 to 7 p.m., at the Las Vegas Convention Center. DSE will also present the APEX Installation and Content of the Year Awards to two of the Gold winners.
DSE 2017 APEX Award Finalists are:
Arts, Entertainment & Recreation (13 entries)
- Bluecadet for Smithsonian’s National Air and Space Museum
- Christie for Star Wars: The Force Awakens Red Carpet World Premiere
- Second Story, part of SapientRazorfish for SFMOMA/Photography Interpretive Gallery
Business & Government Services (17 entries)
- Dimensional Innovations for Hy-Vee Headquarters
- Forge Media + Design for 2 Queen Entry Experience
- Salesforce for Salesforce West Lobby Video Screen
Education & Healthcare (15 entries)
- GestureTek Health for St. Joseph’s Health Centre Just for Kids Clinic
- Second Story, part of SapientRazorfish for Libbie MIll Library Media Installation
- Sensory Interactive for Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center
Event Venues & Hospitality (17 entries)
- 10net Managed Solutions Ltd for Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics
- Dimensional Innovations for U.S. Bank Stadium/Vikings Voyage
- Movilok for La Fonda Barranco
Food & Beverage (7 entries)
- Converse Marketing for Caterpillar – Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas
- HEROFi INC for Buffalo Wild Wings TV (B-DUBS TV)
- SiliconCore for Sportsbar 1904 at the FIFA World Football Museum
Immersive Environments (12 entries)
- Dreambox Visual Communication, Inc. for TAPI Pipeline Groundbreaking Ceremony
- ESI Design for Terrell Place, Washington, D.C.
- SapientRazorfish for Allied Reit/Mimur’s Well
Public Spaces (21 entries)
- Dreambox Visual Communication, Inc. for Conquest of İstanbul, 563th Anniversary
- Float4 for Meraas Holding/City Walk
- Intersection for LinkNYC
Retail (24 entries)
- Razorfish for T-Mobile Times Square Store
- The Sandbox Agency for LG’s “Best Buy TV Experience Wall”
- Shikatani Lacroix Design for China Zheshang Bank
Transportation (12 entries)
- Gridcast Media Inc. for Toronto Pearson International Airport Terminal 1
- Metropolitan Transportation Authority Arts & Design for The Blowing Bowler
- NanoLumens for Miami International Airport
Mark your calendar now: DSE® 2017 is scheduled for March 28-31, 2017, with access to the Exhibit Hall March 29-30 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas. To reserve exhibit space, contact Andrea Varrone at (770) 817-5905. For more information, visit www.dse2017.com.
You can follow DSE on Twitter (@DSExpo) or Facebook (facebook.com/DSExpo). For all DSE 2017 updates, use #dse2017. For year-round news and information on digital signage, visit DSE’s Digital Signage Connection web portal at www.digitalsignageconnection.com.
About the Independent Panel of APEX Award Judges
DSE’s APEX Awards were individually assessed and juried on the basis of originality and innovation by 10 industry experts and journalists, all of whom have long reported on the digital signage sector, have published on the many facets of the industry, and are recognized as versant in current industry trends. Judges included:
- Jonathan Blackwood, Managing Editor, Tech Decisions
- Chris Brennaman, Conference Manager, Digital Signage Expo
- Lyle Bunn, Principal and Strategy Architect, BUNN
- Mark Geiger, Associate Director, Marketing and Business Development, Georgia World Congress Center
- Thomas Kunka, Senior Applications Specialist, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
- Jason Kushner, Digital Media Editor, DigitalSignageConnection.com
- Margot Myers, Director, Global Marketing and Communications, The Platt Retail Institute
- Jeff Porter, Founder and CEO, Porter Digital Signage
- David Saleme, Manger of Business Development – Concessions, Columbus Regional Airport Authority
- Dave Taylor, Senior Director of Digital Operations, Westfield Brand Ventures
DSE, produced by Exponation LLC, is co-located with the Digital Content Show, and will be held at the Las Vegas Convention Center March 28-31, 2017 with access to the Exhibit Hall March 29-30. DSE is the world’s largest and longest-running conference and trade show exclusively dedicated to showcasing innovative digital communications and interactive technology solutions for customer- and employee-facing organizations. Launched in 2004, DSE was the first event for the digital signage market and has been a significant contributor to the growth of this fast-paced industry. Professional end-user attendance represents decision-makers from key industry categories such as retail, restaurant, healthcare, education, hospitality and transportation, as well as other key stakeholders, including advertising executives, brand marketers and systems integrators.
More than 200 exhibitors feature technology and services including hardware, software, network, delivery and content from around the globe. DSE also offers the largest and most diversified digital signage and digital out-of-home educational program anywhere in the world, with more than 125 educators and the largest variety of educational opportunities, including a live installation tour and structured curriculum leading to professional recertification in eight educational tracks. The 2017 program will be comprised of 12 pre- and post-show educational events, 40 general conference seminars, including a specialized keynote presentation for each educational track, as well as targeted 42 industry roundtable discussion groups and 28 free presentations staged in on-floor theaters.