Las Vegas – Digital Signage Expo (DSE), the world’s largest international trade show and educational conference dedicated to digital displays, interactive technology and digital communications networks, announced the independently judged winners of its APEX Awards for 2017 at the 13th Annual APEX Awards Ceremony, Wednesday, March 29 at the Renaissance Hotel.
Razorfish and Dreambox Visual Communications took home the top honors of the night, winning the APEX Installation of the Year and APEX Content of the Year awards, respectively. The two overall winners were selected from the nine Gold award winners.
This year Gold, Silver and Bronze DSE 2017 APEX Awards were presented to winners in nine categories from a field of 138 entrants:
Arts, Entertainment & Recreation (13 entries)
- Gold – Christie for Star Wars: The Force Awakens Red Carpet World Premiere
- Silver – Bluecadet for Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum
- Bronze – Second Story, part of SapientRazorfish for SFMOMA/Photography Interpretive Gallery
Business & Government Services (17 entries)
- Gold – Salesforce for Salesforce West Lobby Pixelscape
- Silver – Dimensional Innovations for Hy-Vee Headquarters
- Bronze – Forge Media + Design for 2 Queen Entry Experience
Education & Healthcare (15 entries)
- Gold – GestureTek Health for St. Joseph’s Health Centre Just for Kids Clinic
- Silver – Sensory Interactive for Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center
- Bronze – Second Story, part of SapientRazorfish for Libbie Mill Library/Libbie MIll Library Media Installation
Event Venues & Hospitality (17 entries)
- Gold – Dimensional Innovations for U.S. Bank Stadium/Vikings Voyage
- Silver – Movilok for Logis La Fonda Barranco
- Bronze – 10net Managed Solutions Ltd for Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics
Food & Beverage (7 entries)
- Gold – HEROFi INC for Buffalo Wild Wings TV (B-DUBS TV)
- Silver – Converse Marketing for Caterpillar – Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas
- Bronze – SiliconCore for Sportsbar 1904 at the FIFA World Football Museum
Immersive Environments (12 entries)
- Gold – ESI Design for Terrell Place, Washington, D.C.
- Silver – SapientRazorfish for Allied Reit/Mimur’s Well
- Bronze – Dreambox Visual Communication, Inc. for TAPI Pipeline Groundbreaking Ceremony
Public Spaces (21 entries)
- Gold – Dreambox Visual Communication, Inc. for Conquest of İstanbul, 563rd Anniversary
- Silver – Intersection for LinkNYC
- Bronze – Float4 for City Walk, Dubai
Retail (24 entries)
- Gold – SapientRazorfish, formerly Razorfish for T-Mobile Times Square Store
- Silver – Shikatani Lacroix Design for China Zheshang Bank
- Bronze — The Sandbox Agency for LG’s “Best Buy TV Experience Wall”
Transportation (12 entries)
- Gold – Metropolitan Transportation Authority Arts & Design for The Blowing Bowler
- Silver – NanoLumens for Miami International Airport
- Bronze – Gridcast Media Inc. for Toronto Pearson International Airport Terminal 1
Mark your calendar now: DSE® 2018 is scheduled for March 27-30, 2018, with access to the Exhibit Hall March 28-29 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas. To reserve exhibit space, contact Andrea Varrone at (770) 817-5905. For more information, visit www.dse2017.com.
You can follow DSE on Twitter (@DSExpo) or Facebook (facebook.com/DSExpo). For all DSE 2017 updates, use #dse2017. For year-round news and information on digital signage, visit DSE’s Digital Signage Connection web portal at www.digitalsignageconnection.com.
About the Independent Panel of APEX Award Judges
DSE’s APEX Awards were individually assessed and juried on the basis of originality and innovation by 10 industry experts and journalists, all of whom have long reported on the digital signage sector, have published on the many facets of the industry, and are recognized as versant in current industry trends. Judges included:
- Jonathan Blackwood, Managing Editor, Tech Decisions
- Chris Brennaman, Conference Manager, Digital Signage Expo
- Lyle Bunn, Principal and Strategy Architect, BUNN
- Mark Geiger, Associate Director, Marketing and Business Development, Georgia World Congress Center
- Thomas Kunka, Senior Applications Specialist, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
- Jason Kushner, Digital Media Editor, DigitalSignageConnection.com
- Margot Myers, Director, Global Marketing and Communications, The Platt Retail Institute
- Jeff Porter, Founder and CEO, Porter Digital Signage
- David Saleme, Manger of Business Development – Concessions, Columbus Regional Airport Authority
- Dave Taylor, Senior Director of Digital Operations, Westfield Brand Ventures
DSE, produced by Exponation LLC, is co-located with the Digital Content Show, and will be held at the Las Vegas Convention Center March 27-30, 2018, with access to the Exhibit Hall March 28-29. DSE is the world’s largest and longest-running conference and trade show exclusively dedicated to showcasing innovative digital communications and interactive technology solutions for customer- and employee-facing organizations. Launched in 2004, DSE was the first event for the digital signage market and has been a significant contributor to the growth of this fast-paced industry. Professional end-user attendance represents decision-makers from key industry categories such as retail, restaurant, healthcare, education, hospitality and transportation, as well as other key stakeholders, including advertising executives, brand marketers and systems integrators.
More than 200 exhibitors feature technology and services including hardware, software, network, delivery and content from around the globe. DSE also offers the largest and most diversified digital signage and digital out-of-home educational program anywhere in the world, with more than 125 educators and the largest variety of educational opportunities, including a live installation tour and structured curriculum leading to professional recertification in eight educational tracks. The 2017 program will be comprised of 12 pre- and post-show educational events, 40 general conference seminars, including a specialized keynote presentation for each educational track, as well as targeted 42 industry roundtable discussion groups and 28 free presentations staged in on-floor theaters.