Atlanta – Digital Signage Expo (DSE), the world’s largest international trade show and educational conference dedicated to digital displays, interactive technology and digital communications networks, today announced 25 finalists for its APEX Awards for 2018.
The 14th Annual DSE APEX Awards are designed to recognize and honor achievement in the installation of digital displays and interactive technology and the creation of compelling viewer content, the DSE APEX Awards have honored hundreds of companies for their innovation throughout the years.
This year’s APEX Award finalists were chosen by an independent panel of 11 industry experts and journalists from a field of 116 entrants from 10 countries vying in nine major digital signage categories.
The list of finalists and images of the entries can be found at https://www.digitalsignageexpo.net/2018/public/Content.aspx?ID=972
Gold, Silver and Bronze awards will be presented in each category as part of the Free Networking Reception and APEX Awards Ceremony Wednesday, March 28, from 5 to 7 p.m., staged at the Renaissance Hotel in Las Vegas. DSE will also present the APEX Installation and Content of the Year Awards to two of the Gold winners.
DSE 2018 APEX Award Finalists are:
Arts, Entertainment & Recreation (13 entries)
- 150 Media Stream nominated by McCann Systems
- Cleveland Museum of Art/ArtLENS Exhibition nominated by Potion Design
- TCL Chinese Theatre “Hollywood Lights” nominated by Christie
Business & Government Services (13 entries)
- 22nd World Petroleum Congress Official Opening Ceremony nominated by Dreambox Visual Communications
- Daimler Trucks North America nominated by Four Winds Interactive
- Scotiabank Solutions Branch nominated by Cineplex Digital Media
Education & Healthcare (8 entries)
- Georgia State University Enterprise Digital Signage nominated by Visix, Inc.
- Holodomor Mobile Classroom nominated by Forge Media + Design
- University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital/ Nick’s Theater nominated by Dimensional Innovations
Event Venues & Hospitality (14 entries)
- “As We Are” Interactive Digital Sculpture nominated by DCL (Design Communications Ltd.)
- “Convergence” at Metropolis Los Angeles nominated by StandardVision
- Mercedes-Benz Stadium nominated by Daktronics
Food & Beverage (1 entry)
- Boston Pizza Flagship nominated by Shikatani Lacroix Design
Immersive Environments (10 entries)
- Mirage at Metropolis nominated by Go2 Productions
- Super Bowl LIVE Water & Building Projection Show nominated by bluemedia
- Uninterrupted nominated by Colours and Shapes Design, Inc.
Public Spaces (29 entries)
- Cars 3 Digital Experiential Campaign nominated by Cineplex Digital Media
- Dubai Aquarium nominated by LG Electronics USA Business Solutions
- Uninterrupted nominated by Colours and Shapes Design, Inc.
Retail (18 entries)
- EDGE (Enhanced Display for Grocery Environment) nominated by The Kroger Co.
- Fume Scent Lounge nominated by ICON Media Communications Inc.
- Sportes Experts – Downtown Montreal nominated by Stingray Business
Transportation (10 entries)
- Changi Airport (Terminal 4) nominated by NanoLumens
- Pearson Int’l Airport (GTAA Passenger Information Zone) nominated by Eventscape Inc.
- The Fluid nominated by MTA Arts & Design
Mark your calendar now: DSE® 2018 is scheduled for March 27-30, 2018, with access to the Exhibit Hall March 28-29 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas. To reserve exhibit space, contact Andrea Varrone at (770) 817-5905. For more information, visit www.dse2018.com.
You can follow DSE on Twitter (@DSExpo) or Facebook (facebook.com/DSExpo). For all DSE 2018 updates, use #dse2018. For year-round news and information on digital signage, visit DSE’s Digital Signage Connection web portal at www.digitalsignageconnection.com.
About the Independent Panel of APEX Award Judges
DSE’s APEX Awards were individually assessed and juried on the basis of originality and innovation by 11 industry experts and journalists, all of whom have long reported on the digital signage sector, have published on the many facets of the industry, and are recognized as versant in current industry trends. Judges included:
Phil Cohen, Chairman / CEO, CMN Holdings, Inc.
Laura Davis-Taylor, Co-Founder, High Street Collective
Randy Dearborn, Vice President, Multimedia & Guest Technology, MGM Resorts International
Len Dudis, CIO/Director, Corporativo T.I., Grupo Vidanta
Paul Fleuranges, Vice President Corporate Communications, MTA
Dave Haynes, Founding Editor, Sixteen:Nine
David Keene, Executive Editor, NewBay Media
Jeff Kent, Chief Technology Officer, Cineplex Entertainment
Brad Parler, Digital Communications Administrator, Blinds.com
Sheldon Silverman, CEO, SmartBomb Media Group
Hunter Spence, Executive Technology Director, Second Story
DSE, produced by Exponation LLC, is co-located with the Digital Content Show, and will be held at the Las Vegas Convention Center March 27-30, 2018, with access to the Exhibit Hall March 28-29. DSE is the world’s largest and longest-running conference and trade show exclusively dedicated to showcasing innovative digital communications and interactive technology solutions for customer- and employee-facing organizations. Launched in 2004, DSE was the first event for the digital signage market and has been a significant contributor to the growth of this fast-paced industry. Professional end-user attendance represents decision-makers from key industry categories such as retail, restaurant, healthcare, education, hospitality and transportation, as well as other key stakeholders, including advertising executives, brand marketers and systems integrators.
More than 200 exhibitors feature technology and services including hardware, software, network, delivery and content from around the globe. DSE also offers the largest and most diversified digital signage and digital out-of-home educational program anywhere in the world, with more than 125 educators and the largest variety of educational opportunities, including a live installation tour and structured curriculum leading to professional recertification in eight educational tracks. The 2018 program will be comprised of 10 pre- and post-show educational events, 32 general conference seminars, plus a specialized keynote presentation for each educational track, and 10 Emerging Tech Talks, as well as 28 free presentations staged in on-floor theaters.