LAS VEGAS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–E Ink Holdings, “E Ink” (8069.TW), the leading innovator of electronic ink technology will display its latest innovations in consumer electronics, architecture, healthcare, retail and fashion at CES 2018 Jan. 9-11, 2018 in Las Vegas. E Ink will showcase how its solutions bring dynamic elements to generally static environments such as architecture and design, as well as discuss how its ePaper technology is being integrated into smart cities and connected devices.
Electronic paper displays from E Ink are well recognized as being the technology of choice for eReaders. Now these ePaper displays are also revolutionizing the digital signage, healthcare and retail industries as well. The company’s industry leading technology is allowing product designers to leverage the power of AI to create bus signs that update in real time, electronic shelf labels that free retailers from updating paper price labels, and medical devices that empower better medical adherence. Solutions from E Ink allow developers to put displays in locations never before possible, enabling devices to visually communicate information in the growing world of IoT.
“As the world works to become more connected, E Ink plays an integral role in the development of smart, connected devices given its durable, rugged and low-power properties,” said Paul Apen, chief strategy officer at E Ink. “E Ink is at the forefront of bringing digital transformation to a wide array of industries, and we’re excited to showcase how we are delivering innovative products for a world that is becoming increasingly more connected.”
In addition to the latest wearables, eReaders and tablets, technologies to be showcased include:
- A DAZZLEwall – a replica of DAZZLE, the world’s largest media façade on the San Diego International Airport parking garage, featuring 2,100 tiles of E Ink’s Prism technology
- A dress designed by Bergmeyer featuring E Ink Prism – bridging the gap between static materials and digital technology, this dress won Best in Show at IIDA Fashion Show in October, 2017
- ACeP – Advanced Color ePaper achieves a bright, reflective full color gamut, using only colored pigments. E Ink will showcase 32” and 13.3” displays
- A reconfigurable Retail Price Tag – a thin, batteryless price tag containing Powercast’s power harvesting technology that enables quick price changes using a typical handheld UHF RFID reader for wirelessly updating the display; Tags don’t need batteries because they harvest enough power just from the RFID reader to operate perpetually
- LTS Smart Patch– a transdermal therapeutic system that delivers medication to patients in a convenient and controlled manner, featuring an E Ink display to deliver and convey relevant information
- Amazon Kindle Oasis– the first water-proof Kindle that has a battery life measured in weeks, not hours
- ReMarkable– a large tablet offering paper-like reading, pen input writing and sketching, allowing users to jot down notes and sketch images comfortably
- Sony Digital Paper – a new digital paper tablet that is glare-free even in sunlight
E Ink will be attending CES in Meeting Room #25768 in South Hall 2 from Jan. 9-12, 2018. Meetings are by appointment only. For additional information, please visit www.eink.com. E Ink offers many display modules and evaluation kits, including Prism tiles, for sale through their website at https://shopkits.eink.com/.
About E Ink Holdings
E Ink Holdings Inc. (8069.TWO), based on technology from MIT’s Media Lab, has transformed and defined the eReader market and is redefining the signage, architecture and design, mobile, wearable and retail markets with its ePaper technology, enabling a new multi-billion dollar market in less than 10 years. Its corporate philosophy aims to deliver revolutionary products, user experiences and environmental benefits through advanced technology development. This vision has led to its continuous investments in the field of ePaper displays as well as expanding the use of its technologies into a number of other markets and applications including smart packaging and fashion. Its Electrophoretic Display products make it the worldwide leader for ePaper. Its Fringe Field Switching (FFS) technologies are a standard for high-end LCD displays and have been licensed to all major liquid crystal display makers in the world. Listed in Taiwan’s Taipei Exchange (TPEx) and the Luxembourg market, E Ink Holdings is now the world’s largest supplier of ePaper displays. For more information please visit www.eink.com.