PRWEB) NOVEMBER 16, 2016
Digital signage leader Flyte Systems announced its enhancement guidelines for hotel operators. Changes in signage positioning, location and content strengthen impact and value for hotel guests.
Hotel guests are familiar with digital signage. It can be found nearly everywhere. Digital signage is a good way to provide property and regional information to guests; it can even be a profit center. But, operators wonder if it is doing its job. Here are three tips on how to improve hotel digital signage and add value to a property’s guest experience.
1. Placement is important – do guests see the message?
For digital signage to be effective, whether it provides property information and promotions, regional events and maps, or wayfinding, put it in a high traffic area. Placing it near the front desk where guests will see it when they check-in is ideal. Likewise, near elevators where there is a captive audience or near a concierge station or information desk. Take a day to watch the lobby guest traffic flow. This will reveal the best place to display content.
2. Invite interaction that engages guests with the message
Guests want to customize their world. That means creating signage information so they can do their own wayfinding and discover adventures specifically for their taste. Touchscreens are perfect for this. They draw guests in and let them interact with the display to obtain only the information that is important to them. A well-designed display is easy to understand so guests can quickly find what they need. The display’s format and colors should complement the property’s interior design and conform to brand standards to create a harmonious experience.
3. Display information content that adds value to a guest’s stay
Relevant, updated signage content drives guest engagement. Taking time to develop interesting, timely information that is relevant to a guests’ activities will enrich their experience and add value to their stay. Plus, when guests are fully engaged they are open to more information including property promotions and local advertising.
Optimized digital signage is a win-win for guests and the property
Guests engage with digital signage content that speaks to their interests and anticipates their desire for information on local attractions, wayfinding, travel options, and property promotions. An engaged guest who gets value from the property’s display often acts on their sense of wellbeing and gratitude by acting on property outlet marketing and promotions. This creates a win-win where guests and the hotel each benefit.
Flyte Systems digital signage provides cost-effective property promotions, local events and flight information
Flyte Systems’ suite of products that serve the traveling public includes:
- InfoBoard is an interactive touch screen that saves labor, provides greater guest service, and generates revenue with flight information and much more.
- EventDisplay professionally formats your meeting & events schedule on custom branded digital displays. Flight information and wayfinding can also be included for the convenience of your traveling guests.
- AmenityBoard lets hotels boost revenue by displaying and promoting onsite amenities anywhere.
- FlyteBoard displays live flight information for one or more airports. It can be customized with Doppler radar, local traffic, and guest messaging to create an all-in-one travel dashboard. Flyte Board can be wall, floor, or ceiling-mounted and is ideally suited for passenger terminals, lobbies, restaurants, airport parking, convention centers and other off airport venues.
- FlytePass combines real-time flights with free, secure boarding pass printing. It is available for both iMac & Windows computers and can be neatly packaged within a kiosk with options to match your décor.
- FlyteChannel lets guests view live airport flight information comfortably from their in-room television.
- EventChannel shows property events and specials on the guest’s TV.
- FlytePad is a mobile-ready service that delivers real-time airline information via the iPad.
Many hotels and resorts also use Flyte Systems’ applications to increase revenue with innovative marketing approaches for distressed travelers. For tips on how to generate revenue by providing guests with Flyte Systems airline information, please log on to the Flyte Systems website at https://www.flytesystems.com.
About Flyte Systems
Flyte Systems is a division of Industrial Television Services (ITS), based in Chicago. ITS is a leading digital signage solutions company with 55+ years’ experience specializing in real-time information delivery. ITS formed Flyte Systems in 2007 to offer real-time, web-based travel technology solutions. Flyte Systems provides subscription-based, environmentally responsible airport flight information and digital signage displays for the hospitality, convention center, digital signage industries, and related businesses. The company’s solutions deliver accurate, instant, airport-centric updates of flight information – not just FAA-provided departure times that may be inaccurate when there is a ground delay. Flyte Systems solutions enable properties to differentiate themselves and boost repeat business with ‘glance-and-go’ content and property promotions. Its products use Energy Star-compliant digital displays to help significantly reduce energy consumption and eliminate unnecessary trips to the airport. Clients include Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Starwood, Westin, IHG, Days Inn, Hotel Sofitel, independent properties, convention centers, and transportation centers.