“Our guests love the convenience and it saves our front desk staff time they would be answering guests’ questions,” said Terry Landers, general manager of the Hampton Inn Des Moines Airport in Iowa. The property recently installed a touch screen InfoBoard digital signage display from Flyte Systems®. Flyte Systems is a division of Industrial Television Services (ITS), based in Chicago. ITS is a respected digital signage solutions company with more than 50 years of experience specializing in real-time information delivery. Click here to request information on Flyte Systems’ travel and guest information services.
Hampton Inn Des Moines Airport recently completed a total renovation and upgraded all its 120 rooms. Convenient to downtown and the airport, its 24-hour airport shuttle, complimentary breakfast, Wi-Fi and fitness center is ideal for business travelers and leisure guests. In addition to the new upgrades, guests can now find a wealth of travel information on its new InfoBoard. The large digital signage display lets guests search property amenities and services, dining options and things to do in Des Moines, and shows airline flights and gates, weather and local traffic.
“Our new InfoBoard has a very crisp, sharp picture of area activity options and travel information our guests value,” said Landers. “The InfoBoard is near our front desk and we expect guests will enjoy learning about Des Moines and having current travel information. The airline schedules and local traffic updates are extremely valuable since about 75 percent of our guests arrive and depart through the Des Moines Airport.” Landers noted that one of his corporate VPs saw an InfoBoard at another hotel while he was traveling and thought it would be a great amenity for the Hampton Inn Des Moines property.
InfoBoard is an economical solution for properties that want to offer a valuable amenity to guests and visitors unfamiliar with their area. Flyte Systems is the leading provider of cost effective airport travel and flexible digital signage property information. The company delivers displays and digital signage content for hotels, corporate training centers, convention centers and related businesses.
Flyte Systems provides low-cost property promotions, local events and flight information
Flyte Systems’ suite of products that serve the traveling public includes:
- FlyteBoard displays live flight information for one or more airports. It can be customized with Doppler radar, local traffic, and guest messaging to create an all-in-one travel dashboard. Flyte Board can be wall, floor, or ceiling-mounted and is ideally suited for passenger terminals, lobbies, restaurants, airport parking, convention centers and other off airport venues.
- FlytePass combines real-time flights with free, secure boarding pass printing. It is available for both iMac & Windows computers and can be neatly packaged within a kiosk with options to match your décor.
- FlyteChannel lets guests view live airport flight information comfortably from their in-room television.
- FlytePad is a mobile-ready service that delivers real-time airline information via the iPad.
- EventDisplay professionally formats your meeting & events schedule on custom branded digital display. Flight information and wayfinding can also be included for the convenience of your traveling guests.
- EventChannel shows property events and specials on the guest’s TV.
- AmenityBoard lets hotels boost revenue by displaying and promoting onsite amenities anywhere.
- InfoBoard is an interactive touch screen that saves labor, provides greater guest service, and generates revenue with flight information and much more.
Many hotels and resorts also use Flyte Systems’ applications to increase revenue with innovative marketing approaches for distressed travelers. For tips on how to generate revenue by providing guests with Flyte Systems airline information, please log on to the Flyte Systems website at www.flytesystems.com.
About Hampton Inn Des Moines-Airport
The Hampton Inn Des Moines-Airport hotel is within a mile of Des Moines International (DSM) Airport, and conveniently located less than 15 minutes from central Des Moines, IA. The property offers a free 24-hour shuttle service covering the surrounding area as well as the airport, local restaurants and attractions. The hotel provides free 24-hour and free Wi-Fi access throughout the property. Guests enjoy Hampton’s free hot breakfast with oatmeal and fresh waffles to accompany hot and cold selections. The property also provides traveling guests with its Hampton On the Run® Breakfast Bag, available Monday to Friday. Consult our local experts – the friendly Hampton Inn Des Moines-Airport team – for local bar and restaurant recommendations. Click here for more information.
About Flyte Systems
Flyte Systems is a division of Industrial Television Services (ITS), based in Chicago. ITS is a leading digital signage solutions company with 55+ years’ experience specializing in real-time information delivery. Flyte Systems was formed in 2007 to offer real-time, web-based travel technology solutions. Flyte Systems provides subscription-based, environmentally responsible airport flight information and digital signage displays for the hospitality, convention center, digital signage industries, and related businesses. The company’s solutions deliver accurate, instant, airport-centric updates of flight information – not just FAA-provided departure times that may be inaccurate when there is a ground delay. Flyte Systems solutions enable properties to differentiate themselves and boost repeat business with ‘glance-and-go’ content and property promotions. Its products use Energy Star-compliant digital displays to help significantly reduce energy consumption and eliminate unnecessary trips to the airport. Clients include Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Starwood, Westin, IHG, Days Inn, Hotel Sofitel, independent properties, convention centers, and transportation centers.