Sports Experts, the largest network of sports stores in Quebec, unveiled its new flagship store concept in Laval thereby ushering in a new era of personalized retail experiences. At 48,000-square-feet spread across two floors, the new store concept features digital technologies that inform and inspire customers.
This new flagship store had to bring in the best mix of technology, design and interactivity to create a memorable shopping experience. Here are a few innovations:
• A video shoe wall with touchscreens featuring RFID technology allowing customers to scan shoes and pull up detailed product information
• A community video wall featuring sports partnerships, local sports information and profiles of employees passionate about sports
• Interactive terminals for customers to locate products within the store
• Translucent cubes showcasing products and featuring digital content
• A LED ticker of more than 100 feet with up-to-date sports results
The biggest problems were the integration of all these technologies within the original design (the testing and adjustment phase before installing and the content creation for so many different channels).
We organized ourselves with a production schedule to test every channel in our lab with the proper and final content so we could wrap the equipment one by one and get ready to ship. On the content side of it, we had to produce the content in many different formats on a tight schedule. We’ve spent more than 400 hours in two and a half months making sure to establish all the objectives, collecting all the material and preparing all the storyboards and playlists for each and every channel.
The results are astonishing. All comments from the clients are just “Wow!” The store is really beautiful, the technology is really well integrated and the content is really eye-catching! New immersive brand zones feature the must-have products for sports enthusiasts from world-class brands like Adidas, Arc’teryx, Columbia, GoPro, Lolë, Mountain Hardwear, Nike, The North Face, Oakley and Under Armour. A total of 75 screens provide world-class branded content, creating an energy-filled experience as well as product information to make customer purchase decisions easier.