Paris, 4 December 2017 – JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide, announced today that it is completing the installation of 150 digital animated screens in the City of Chicago.
The new digital network of 86-inch LCD screens with 4K resolution includes 118 digital City Information Panels, as well as 32 digital screens on Rapid Transit Bus Shelters, providing unique access to the City of Chicago for the first ever coordinated street furniture public communication network.
The new program will provide advertisers the best digital out-of-home coverage of the Central Business District, including the Loop, Financial District, and iconic North Michigan Avenue, home of the world’s most renowned global brands and largest U.S. department stores and one of Chicago’s top destinations. It also offers the City of Chicago an enhanced medium to reach its constituents and visitors with community, cultural and social messages, as well as on-demand city maps and the ability to take over the screens to broadcast emergency messages.
Jean-François Decaux, Chairman of the Executive Board and Co-CEO of JCDecaux, said: “After more than 15 years of partnership with the City of Chicago, we are thrilled to further develop our media offering with this exclusive digital animated street furniture program. We are fully committed to providing advertisers with the best digital out-of-home media assets combined with our unique media planning platform that leverages rich audience data for a more relevant and targeted approach for global brands. 2017 brings another milestone year to our North American business, having completed our digital roll-out in both New York and Chicago, with almost 500 digital street furniture screens.”
Key Figures for JCDecaux
- 2016 revenue: €3,393m, H1 2017 revenue: €1,641m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 and Euronext Family Business indexes
- JCDecaux is part of the FTSE4Good and Dow Jones Sustainability Europe indexes
- N°1 worldwide in street furniture (559,070 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide in transport advertising with more than 220 airports and 260 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (354,680 advertising panels)
- N°1 in Europe for billboards (169,860 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (721,130 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Asia-Pacific (219,310 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (70,680 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (29,820 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle-East (16,230 advertising panels)
- Leader in self-service bike rental scheme: pioneer in eco-friendly mobility
- 1,117,890 advertising panels in more than 75 countries
- Present in 4,280 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- Daily audience: more than 410 million people
- 13,030 employees