PORTLAND, Ore.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Leyard, a global leader in visualization products, today unveiled the Leyard® CarbonLight™ LED display solutions, a family of flexible, lightweight displays uniquely constructed to meet a broad range of creative indoor and outdoor applications.
Leyard CarbonLight LED displays are uniquely lightweight, thin, strong and adaptable – making them ideal for high-impact events served by rental and staging companies, and for fixed and semi-fixed installations with unique design requirements. The displays are fast and flexible to install, and are available in five different product configurations for indoor, outdoor, hanging, floor-mounted, corner-beveled and curved video wall installations, making Leyard CarbonLight’s broad offering ideal for the most unique and challenging environments.
“In both event staging and fixed installations, customers are looking for video walls that are fast to deploy and adaptable to a range of applications,” said Steve Seminario, vice president of product marketing at Planar. “We are excited to bring this truly unique portfolio of products, with the industry’s lightest hang weights and thinnest profiles, to create eye-catching video wall installations that stop visitors in their tracks and have maximum impact for live events, broadcast, and fixed installations.”
Ideal for Both Temporary and Fixed-Flexible Installations
The Leyard CarbonLight family of LED display solutions was designed for businesses renting audio visual equipment and for those wanting to incorporate creative visual effects into concerts, live theater, shows and other events. It is also ideal for fixed installations that require a high level of flexibility, either because of the unique requirements of the installation space, like broadcast set designs, or because a customer requires a video wall solution that can be moved or transformed into different physical configurations over time. This level of flexibility, adaptability and ease of deployment makes Leyard CarbonLight solutions truly unique.
The LED displays are ultra-lightweight due to their unique carbon fiber construction and patented designs, making them the perfect option for environments with limited structural capacity. They are easy to transport, incorporate hardware that is fast to install and take down, and are quick to service, with a hardware design that allows for middle-display replacement. Leyard CarbonLight displays also support many unusual configurations including right-angle corners, perfectly smooth concave and convex arcs, and floor installations.
“Always adjacent to our work in fixed installation, the needs of the rental and staging market are unique,” said Jennifer Davis, CMO for Leyard’s international business. “The Leyard CarbonLight products address the needs for light transport weight, fast installation, durable construction, and the flexibility to create any number of surfaces, stages, and walls of video. Beyond those benefits to rental companies, it is our vision to help the world’s cultural institutions, performance artists, brands, and media outlets tell their stories with compelling visual effects. These installations build upon Planar’s continued efforts in architectural displays and extend to the larger multi-billion-dollar rental market.”
Designed for Ultimate Flexibility
The Leyard CarbonLight family of LED displays incorporates the patented technology and expertise of Glux Creative Technology Co, Ltd, a subsidiary of Leyard. It includes the following five product lines:
- Leyard® CarbonLight™ CLA Series: For indoor, smoothly curved LED video walls, available in 1.5 and 1.9 millimeter pixel pitches with a cabinet size of 250 x 250 millimeters. Leyard CarbonLight CLA Series displays can be used to create arcs and columns of LED displays as low as 3 meters (9.84 feet) in diameter.
- Leyard® CarbonLight™ CLI Series: For indoor hanging or mounted LED video walls, available in 2.6, 3.9 and 5.2 millimeter pixel pitches with a cabinet size of 500 x 500 millimeters. Leyard CarbonLight CLI Series displays can be used to achieve 90-degree corner installations.
- Leyard® CarbonLight™ CLO Series: For outdoor hanging or mounted LED video walls, available in 3.9, 5.2 and 7.8 millimeter pixel pitches with a cabinet size of 500 x 500 millimeters.
- Leyard® CarbonLight™ CLM Series: For outdoor mesh hanging or mounted LED video walls, available in 10.4 and 15.6 millimeter pixel pitches with a cabinet size of 1,000 x 500 millimeters. Leyard CarbonLight CLM Series displays can be used to create large-scale, transparent display installations in outdoor buildings or for architectural applications.
- Leyard® CarbonLight™ CLF Series: For indoor or outdoor LED floor installations, available in 5.2, 6.2 and 10.4 millimeter pixel pitches with a cabinet size of 500 x 500 millimeters. Leyard CarbonLight CLF Series displays can withstand weight of 500 kilograms per cabinet (1,102 pounds) without damage, making them perfect for stage floors, tradeshow and showroom use.
The Leyard CarbonLight family of LED display solutions will be showcased at InfoComm 2016 in Las Vegas from June 8-10 in Leyard and Planar booth #C7736. The new line of video walls is available through Leyard and Planar’s global network of authorized resellers. For more information about Leyard Carbon Light, please visit www.leyard.com/CarbonLight.
Leyard Optoelectronic Co., Ltd. is a global leader in the design, production, distribution, and service of digital displays, video walls, and visualization products worldwide. Leyard has gained significant market share in fine pitch LED and offers indoor, outdoor, fixed, and creative displays, as well as other ancillary and lighting solutions for the urban environment. Used in various applications, such as broadcast, sports arenas, stadiums, advertisement networks, retail digital signage, control rooms, exhibitions, large scale events, and digital cultural experiences, Leyard enjoys marquee installations globally. Leyard was founded in 1995, is headquartered in Beijing, China, and is traded on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange (stock code: 300296). Forbes magazine (2013) named Leyard among “China’s Top 100 Most Potential Listed Companies.” Planar Systems was acquired by Leyard in 2015. For more information, visit www.leyard.com.