Silicon Slopes, Utah February 10, 2020 — OptConnect, a leader in the managed wireless connectivity industry, today announced that they have officially launched mylo, the company’s first 5G router on the Cat M1 network. mylo is dual carrier, meaning it connects to AT&T and Verizon networks — automatically switching between them to the most reliable connection possible.
“We are immensely proud to officially launch OptConnect mylo,” said Chris Baird, President, and CEO at OptConnect. “We know how important it is to listen to our customers, and we knew there was a need for a 5G router with dual carrier redundancy specifically designed for low and medium speed applications. You spoke, we listened, and the result is mylo.”
OptConnect mylo was originally unveiled in October of 2019 at The National ATM Council’s annual conference. OptConnect’s product team has spent nearly four months testing and developing the router further, with volume shipments now ready to go out. mylo is specifically designed for ATM, POS, and sensor applications using the latest 5G cellular technology on the Category M1 network that offers benefits not seen before.
These benefits include:
- Superior Connectivity. OptConnect mylo penetrates buildings and basements better than any other cellular technology. It even works when it’s farther away from cell towers than other products. While older technologies might be close enough to work with only one cell tower, mylo can see and communicate with several more distant towers making businesses less affected by issues at a single tower.
- Best Congestion Performance. During peak usage periods at concerts and sporting events, mylo keeps working when phones, tablets, and other products lose their connection. The cellular carriers give mylo priority over other technologies. So, when everyone is sharing video of the big game and other machines are faltering, mylo keeps equipment going strong.
- Multi-Carrier Redundancy. Not satisfied with superior connections on only one carrier, mylo works with both Verizon and AT&T networks. That means that if one network goes down, mylo automatically switches to the other network in just a few seconds, so businesses are barely affected when one carrier has a hiccup.
- Case Installs Itself. OptConnect mylo attaches itself to virtually any metal surface thanks to the magnets hidden in its base. It’s the first cellular product that literally installs itself. No brackets. No tape. Almost magic.
- Fully Managed Solution. Best of all, all of these cutting-edge features – superior connectivity, the best congestion performance, multi-carrier redundancy, and a case that installs itself – come in addition to OptConnect’s already robust suite of fully managed services.
Steve Garrett, Chief Product Officer at OptConnect, helped create mylo and said that the 5G special class router is a game-changer when it comes to critical data and constant connectivity.
“We’re excited to introduce mylo to the ATM, POS, and sensor IoT markets. mylo is perfect for applications that require cellular connectivity for critical financial and environmental transmissions. mylo operates on the 5G network, enabling many benefits never seen before, like unparalleled distance, penetration, and coverage. Unlike other cellular devices that run out of steam when crowds start posting updates and sharing videos, mylo keeps going strong. Its compact and lightweight design means that it fits virtually anywhere, and its magnetic base means it stays put. When data is critical, and tenacious connectivity is required, mylo is the way to go.”
To learn more about OptConnect mylo, please visit http://www.optconnect.com/mylo.
OptConnect is North America’s leading provider of managed service wireless connectivity for ATMs, Smart Safes, Kiosks, Micro Markets, Digital Signage, and many other IoT/M2M applications. OptConnect provides a secure and reliable monitored wireless connection to the internet for unattended equipment that is easy, low-risk, and convenient: All supported by a superior customer service infrastructure. OptConnect has spent 10+ years perfecting managed wireless services so that customers can focus on their core business strengths without having to deal with the delays, complexities, and frustrations of typical cellular deployments. OptConnect’s fully managed solution provides Connectivity-as-a-Service for M2M and IoT applications that are simple and easy to implement. For more information, please visit http://www.optconnect.com.