Fremont, Calif., October 25, 2016 – Optoma, a world leading manufacturer of video and audio products, today introduced Projection Mapper, the first mobile app to enable users to project images and video simultaneously onto multiple flat surfaces or three-dimensional objects to create artful entertainment displays. In the past mapping has been limited to high-end commercial applications like concerts, theaters, museums and more, requiring expensive software and AV expertise. Optoma’s Projection Mapper, when coupled with a projector, opens the possibilities of mapping to virtually everyone.
Compatible with any projector that connects to smart devices via Airplay, Chromecast or HDMI cable, Projection Mapper is a simple and inexpensive new way to display pictures, videos and graphic displays onto any space. Mapping allows users to set multiple pieces of content to fit different surfaces simultaneously. With Projection Mapper you can DJ your own party while displaying cool graphics or images across different items in your home, or share family moments with photos displaying on one space while a family video runs on another. Beyond projecting content like movies, games and sports, users can now create engaging, live content experiences and digital art displays on nearly any surface.
Projection Mapper is an intuitive, easy-to-use app enabling anyone to:
- Achieve a professional mapping display
- Display multiple images and video at once – using multiple image sizes and resolutions up to and including high definition content, and in .JPG, .PNG, .MP4, .MOV, M4V, 3GP and MKV formats
- Create digital art displays with personal images and video to display family photos, vacation videos and more to create an entertaining, multi-stream entertainment experience
- Map onto multiple surfaces and shapes, an in multiple colors and textures
- Time content to music to create a personal VJ experience
- Purchase professional grade, themed content packages for holidays, events and seasons to celebrate with and entertain family and friends
“As projection increasingly becomes a mainstream entertainment experience, we’re excited to bring fun and unique experiences to users,” said Brian Soto, head of product management, Optoma Technology. “Content mapping has existed in the professional realm for years, bringing art and entertainment to venues around the world. And with the holidays upon us, it opens endless possibilities for festive entertainment displays.”
Projection Mapper is designed for use with a digital projector and any Android, iOS or Amazon Kindle Fire device and is available for download in the iOS App Store, Google Play and the Amazon AppStore. For more information, visit www.optoma.com/projection-mapper, and for compatible projectors, please visit www.optoma.com.
About Optoma Technology
Optoma Technology is a world leading designer and manufacturer of award-winning video and audio products for home entertainment and theater, ProAV and business. With a focus on premium quality and functional style, products are designed with the end-user experience in mind. Optoma and NuForce products deliver stunning crystal clear images and exceptional sound with ultimate reliability. Optoma Technology is part of The Optoma Group, which has continental headquarters in the U.S., Europe, and Asia. For more information, please visit: www.optomausa.com.