NEWARK, N.J., May 31, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Panasonic Enterprise Solutions Company, a leader in implementing advanced technology solutions serving sports, entertainment and retail industries, showcased its recently forged relationships with six Minor League ballparks around the US, adding new technology to help raise the bar on the fan experience.
“It’s very interesting to see how Minor League ballparks are looking for new technology to help further engage fans,” said Don Szczepaniak, Executive Vice President, Sensory Solutions, Panasonic Enterprise Solutions Company. “The sports scene continues to evolve and change and technology plays a key role in that. We’ve seen the major league parks adding the technology for years, now it’s time for the minor league parks to do the same.”
There are seven ballparks starting this season with the new technology and enhanced experience:
- Haymarket Park, Lincoln, NE – Home of the Lincoln Saltdogs. The Lincoln Saltdogs, a team in the independent American Association, have added two 16mm LED wing boards on their existing primary video board structure in right center field as well as a new LED Speed of Pitch Display in left field. The new LED wingboards measure 11.75′ wide x 11.75′ high and will be primarily used for sponsorship placement.
- Classic Park, Eastlake, OH – Home of the Lake County Captains. The Lake County Captains of the Midwest league, the Class A affiliate of the Cleveland Indians, have installed a 50′ wide x 22′ high 20mm LED video board, increasing the size and image quality of their previous board. The new display will handle all virtual scoring as well as sponsorship and team information.
- Dunkin Donuts Park, Hartford, CT – Home of the Hartford Yard Goats. The Hartford Yard Goats of the Eastern League, Class AA affiliate of the Colorado Rockies, have opened MiLB’s newest ballpark in grand style with a brand new 16mm video board in Left Center Field. The board is one of the largest in minor league sports measuring 79′ wide x 38′ high. On top of the video board is a Dunkin Donuts coffee cup that emits steam after each Yard Goat home run. Additionally, there are right field and 1st and 3rd base ribbons around the stadium.
- Trustmark Park, Pearl, MS – Home of the Mississippi Braves. The Mississippi Braves, class AA affiliate of the Atlanta Braves, have upgraded to a 16mm video board measuring 67′ wide x 31′ high. The new display will handle all virtual scoring as well as sponsorship, team information, and social media initiatives.
- Clipper Magazine Stadium, Lancaster, PA – Home of the Lancaster Barnstormers of the independent Atlantic League, have added a new primary 16mm LED video board measuring 67′ wide x 24′ high. They also enhanced fan experience by adding a 33′ wide x 12′ display embedded within the right field wall, two ribbon displays at the 1st and 3rd base suite railings,and two new OES speed of play displays.
- Dutchess Stadium, Fishkill, NY – Home of the Hudson Valley Renegades. The Hudson Valley Renegades of the New York-Penn league, a Class A affiliate of the Tampa Bay Rays, are adding a new 16mm primary display measuring 42′ wide x 25′ high. The new display will feature virtual scoring as well as sponsorship and replays.
- Ron Tonkin Field, Hillsboro, OR – Home of the Hillsboro Hops. The Hillsboro Hops of the Northwest league, the rookie Class A affiliate of the Arizona Diamondbacks, will be debuting a new right field 16mm ribbon display measuring 109′ wide x 6′ high just in time to host the 2017 All-Star game of which Panasonic is a proud partner. The Hillsboro Hops are a short season baseball team beginning their season in June. The city of Hillsboro is a strategic partner in helping secure additional events for Ron Tonkin Field making the facility not only a baseball destination but a year-round entertainment facility.
QUOTES FROM INDIVIDUAL TEAMS:
Haymarket Park, Lincoln Nebraska – Home of the Lincoln Saltdogs:
“We are very excited to add Panasonic LED signage in Haymarket Park for the 2017 season. This new signage will give our sponsors the opportunity to use multiple messaging opportunities throughout the baseball season for the University of Nebraska Cornhusker games as well as Lincoln Saltdogs games this upcoming baseball season,” said Charles D Meyer, President/General Manager.
Classic Park, Eastlake, OH – Home of the Lake County Captains:
“We are extremely happy to be working with Panasonic on our new video board project here at Classic Park. The Captains are excited to unveil the new board to our fans this year and to be able to expand and enhance our in-game entertainment for years to come,” said Neil Stein, General Manager.
Dunkin Donuts Park, Hartford, CT – Home of the Hartford Yard Goats
“It is exciting to know that our fans will get to enjoy the Yard Goats Baseball Experience with the latest technology from Panasonic. Our massive videoboard in left field, LED Ribbon board in right field and auxiliary LED boards on the first base and third base lines will really bring a big league feel to our games at Dunkin Donuts Park,” said Tim Restall, General Manager.
Dutchess Stadium, Fishkill, NY – Home of the Hudson Valley Renegades
“We are excited to partner with Panasonic on our new videoboard for the 2017 season. The opportunity to bring the latest in technology and wow our fans with both an incredible display and a whole new game presentation lends to our passion for providing fresh and exciting game entertainment,” said Eben M. Yager, Executive Vice President & General Manager
Ron Tonkin Field, Hillsboro, OR – Home of the Hillsboro Hops
“Providing affordable, quality family entertainment is our goal every day and that was especially so for our newest technology upgrade. Adding a new video board in right field will allow us to offer substantially more game information, entertainment and engaging content and we feel our fans will immediately notice the enhanced experience. Panasonic couldn’t have been a more helpful partner and we enjoyed working with them throughout the process. We’re thrilled to offer this new asset to our fans this season and excited to be partnering with an industry leader in Panasonic to make that happen.” – KL Wombacher, President and General Manager.
About Panasonic Enterprise Solutions Company / Sensory Solutions
Panasonic Enterprise Solutions Company, a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, designs, installs and services large-scale audio-visual technology solutions for the enterprise market. Panasonic Enterprise Solutions serves customers across a wide range of industries with customized applications using cutting-edge technologies, experience in managing large-scale, complex corporate projects and dedicated onsite support services. The Sensory Solutions team is a recognized industry leader in high-end digital display solutions that create unique fan experiences, installing and networking some of the largest high-definition LED video boards in the world at many famous sports and entertainment venues, including Golden 1 Center home of the Sacramento Kings, SunTrust Park home of the Atlanta Braves, The Star in Frisco home of the Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters, Mercedes-Benz Superdome home of the New Orleans Saints, Lincoln Financial Field home of the Philadelphia Eagles, Florida State University, University of Wyoming, Bristol Motor Speedway and Indianapolis Motor Speedway.