Corinthia Hotel London has opened a brand new, five-star gym which focuses on wellbeing by offering high-end equipment, software and services from Technogym, the world’s leading fitness brand.
“We are delighted to be the first hotel in London to offer the full range of Technogym’s most technologically and scientifically advanced range, ARTIS, and offer our guests a total approach to wellness through cardio equipment, upper and lower body strength equipment, functional tools and free-weights,” says Matthew Dixon, Commercial Director for Corinthia Hotels International.
Hotel guests and ESPA Life members can work out in the expansive gym which is part of the hotel’s flagship ESPA Life at Corinthia spread over four floors. As part of a new ‘Wellness on Demand’ service, they can also choose to work out in the privacy of their own room using a selection of Technogym’s cardio and strength equipment. Guests and members can also keep up to date on their progress both inside and outside the gym anywhere around the world by downloading the Technogym app.
Technology is at the heart of Technogym equipment: the strength equipment at Corinthia London has a mini digital display providing a virtual strength coach to guide you through the movement; treadmill users can attempt some of the world’s most iconic marathon routes, including Rome and New York, where the experience is made even more realistic by the treadmill inkling mirroring the marathon’s actual landscape; and keen runners can replicate their outdoor runs recorded by third party apps and wearable devices such as Strava, Garmin and Polar.
“No other hotel has this variety of our equipment,” says Kieran Tracey, Hospitality Area&Key Account Manager for Technogym. “There is no compromise here as Corinthia is offering all the cardio, strength, functional and stretch equipment that you’d find in any top gym.”
Technogym’s ARTIS range is the result of 30 years of research and offers the ultimate in cutting-edge technology and luxurious design. For example, Technogym’s exercise bikes incorporate Body Print, memory foam-style cushioning for a more comfortable ride; while their treadmills adapt the cushioning to the running style of the user.
“We’re thrilled to be partnering with Corinthia Hotel London, one of the most luxurious 5* hotels, supplying their guests and members with Technogym’s recently relaunched premium ARTIS line of equipment and services,” says Steve Barton, Managing Director of Technogym UK. “Corinthia is the first London hotel to embrace Technogym’s total approach to Wellness, and we are really looking forward to working closely with them.”
Technogym’s ARTIS range of equipment includes:
UNITY 3.0 cardio equipment. New features include 3 new race modes:
• Marathons – run some of the most iconic marathons in the world, including Rome and New York. The experience is even more realistic as the treadmill’s incline mirrors the actual marathon landscape.
• Versus – anyone on a treadmill in the same facility can challenge each other to a race of their preferred distance and location (must be logged into mywellness account to take part).
• The Arena – everyone on a treadmill within the same facility will automatically appear in the Arena, a virtual running track, whether they’re logged into their mywellness account or not.
• Digital display offers a virtual PT for work-out pointers throughout session and to cater for when CHL PT is not on shift during out-of-hours times.
• 24/7 personal trainer.
UNITY MINI console on ARTIS strength equipment:
• Provides more insight, both for performance-driven users, and those just looking to improve their technique.
• Mini digital display offers a virtual strength coach, the Strength Pilot, providing real-time visual biofeedback on range of motion and speed of execution.
• Users can also do a number of tests to discover their 1 rep max and maximum power output.
• Users can download the app to their smartphones to keep track of all their activity, whether its inside or outside the gym.
• Evergreen availability of data.
• Guests’ will be able to pick up where they left off.
• Links to apps or fitness devices including Runkeeper, Strava, Polar, Garmin, MapMyFitness etc.
• mywellness wristband is available to all ESPA Life at Corinthia Spirit Members.
• In wearing the wristband, members are able to log into equipment quickly and easily without the need of a smartphone or manual log in.
Wellness on Demand:
• All the benefits of our state-of-the-art gym equipment, portable to your room.
• No extra charge for guests.
• PT session in room will come at an additional cost, but use of equipment is free of charge for guests.
• In-room workout channel with a 10-15 minute full body workout on loop.
ABOUT CORINTHIA HOTEL LONDON
Housed within a Victorian building, Corinthia Hotel London features 294 rooms, including 40 suites and 7 penthouses, offering sweeping views across London’s most popular landmarks. Corinthia London provides unrivaled world-class luxury with superb ground floor offerings, including The Northall restaurant, serving the best in British produce throughout the day; modern Italian cuisine at Massimo Restaurant&Bar; and the musically-inspired Bassoon Bar. The new Garden Lounge offers all-day dining options in an al fresco David Collins Studio designed garden landscape, and a comprehensive cigar and spirits menu for late night entertaining. Corinthia London is also home to the flagship ESPA Life at Corinthia, a next-generation spa housed across four floors, together with a hair salon by Daniel Galvin. The hotel boasts the largest room sizes in London, original restored Victorian columns and tall windows that let in swathes of natural light. Cutting-edge technology in rooms and meeting rooms allow for recording, mixing and broadcasting from dedicated media rooms. Corinthia London is a 21st-century grand hotel located in the heart of London, created by experts with a passion for craftsmanship and an understanding of world-class service. Corinthia London is the ninth of Corinthia Hotels’ collection of five-star hotels founded by the Pisani family of Malta.
Founded in 1983, Technogym is a world leading international supplier of technology and design driven products and services in the Wellness and Fitness industry. Technogymprovides a complete range of cardio, strength and functional equipment alongside a digital cloud based platform allowing consumers to connect with their personal wellness experience anywhere, both on the equipment and via mobile when outdoors. With over 2,000 employees and 14 branches in Europe, USA, Asia, Middle East, Australia and South America, Technogym exports 90% of its production to over 100 countries. More than 65,000 Wellness centers and 200,000 private homes in the world are equipped withTechnogym. Technogym was the official supplier for the last six editions of the Olympic Games: Sydney 2000, Athens 2004, Turin 2006, Beijing 2008, London 2012 and Rio 2016.
For more information: