AUSTIN, Texas–(March X, 2017) — At a time when the staying power of brick-and-mortar stores faces a crossroads, YETI, the leading premium cooler and drinkware brand, has unveiled its first flagship store, a one-of-a-kind retail environment that reflects the unique experience YETI customers bring to and expect from the iconic brand. Known for its loyal fan base of outdoor enthusiasts, hunters, anglers, pit masters and ranchers, YETI brought in fellow Austin-based Mood Media, the world leader in elevating customer experiences, to help create a distinct, engaging atmosphere for its patrons. This new interactive, creative retail space reflects YETI’s strong brand identity, its local Austin roots and serves as a unique destination where customers want to spend time.
“YETI’s flagship is not a typical retail store. It is meant to inspire people to go out and enjoy the wild through the experiential installations throughout the space,” said Tony Kaplan, YETI Director of Consumer Experience. “Mood Media helped us design an authentic experience that allows our customers to interact with the YETI brand in a whole new way.”
Mood was responsible for installing the store’s innovative and brand-specific visual displays and sound systems to help capture the YETI in-store experience.
These installations include:
- Multi-Zone Overhead Bose Music System for In-Store Music
- Samsung Visual Displays with Mood’s MVision Digital Signage Solutions throughout the store:
- Ambassador Wall Screens with founders’ stories on display – This is a true testament to how fun and creative digital signage can be. The five-panel portrait screen displays images of YETI founders. They might initially appear to be still, but once watched closely, come to life with slight movements.
- YETI Vs Van Display with TV – This digital display, built into the side of an old caravan door, showcases how tough and durable YETI coolers are, withstanding even the most extreme situations like explosions and bear attacks, to name a few.
- YETI Bar with DIRECTV– The culture of YETI touches many different people and the YETI Bar with DIRECTV allows these individuals an avenue to relax together, watch the big game and enjoy a beverage.
- YETI Presents Film Viewing Area– The YETI Presents content zone adds another engaging component for their in-store customers. From skiing in the back country to surfing big waves in the ocean, this film viewing area showcases visually dynamic, personal stories of YETI customers.
- Full Music Performance Stage: Sound & Lighting by Mood Media’s Technomedia division– This fun, upbeat performance area highlights music, videos, and live shows to help entertain YETI customers.
“Brick & Mortar retailers who understand and embrace the fact that consumers increasingly expect more experiential shopping experiences will continue to thrive in the marketplace,” said Ken Eissing, President, In-Store Media at Mood Media. “The store has to be a physical and emotional manifestation of the brand, and the folks at YETI clearly get it. This collaboration was an exciting opportunity for us to showcase the evolution of the customer experience and provide a glimpse into what the future of retail will be.”
About Mood Media Corporation
Mood Media (TSX:MM) is the global leader in elevating Customer Experiences. With more than 500,000 active client locations around the globe, Mood combines sight, sound, scent, social mobile technology and systems to create greater emotional connections between brands and consumers. Mood’s clients include businesses of all sizes and market sectors, from the world’s most recognized retailers and hotels to quick-service restaurants, local banks and thousands of small businesses. For more details: www.moodmedia.com.